Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Blank avatar

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
  Print
Topic: Froum Avatars
Feb 03, 2012, 03:52 PM

Matty Offline
Guild Member

Footman
Froum Avatars
Pam these are amazing.  Jason and I have HK-47 avatars!  If there was an IG-88 one I'd be willing to switch though and leave that surly bucket of bolts to him.   Cool
Feb 03, 2012, 04:11 PM

Sandriell Offline
Administrator

Esquire
Homepage
Re: Froum Avatars
Well technically they are just the avatars from the official site, but I added the holographic effect.

I found a good image of an IG-88 droid though so I'll see about making an avatar out of it.
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2012, 04:15 PM by Sandriell »

Feb 04, 2012, 04:26 AM

Nimelen Offline
Guild Member

Footman
I love these too, but I was going to use my own. Uploaded the wrong image, so I tried to switch it out, & now it won't let me change except between the forum avatars & the wrong one. @_@ Not sure if anyone else has had that problem.

Until then I'll just be the awesome Jedi avatar I am. XD

Feb 04, 2012, 02:35 PM

Agelmar Offline
Guild Member

Esquire
Are these hard to make?
I never really played with this before.

Tempted to try to make one of a male Pure blood race like my toon Agelmar.
 Cool

Feb 04, 2012, 03:13 PM

Sandriell Offline
Administrator

Esquire
Homepage
Are these hard to make?
I never really played with this before.

Tempted to try to make one of a male Pure blood race like my toon Agelmar.
 Cool

To make the avatar itself, you just gotta find a decent pic to use and then cut out the character or whatever the focus of the avatar is and then paste it onto the plain gradient background.

As for the "holo effect" I have a macro setup in Photoshop to do that- basically I did it once while recording my actions and then just replay it for each one. Smiley

Feb 04, 2012, 03:54 PM

Sandriell Offline
Administrator

Esquire
Homepage
I love these too, but I was going to use my own. Uploaded the wrong image, so I tried to switch it out, & now it won't let me change except between the forum avatars & the wrong one. @_@ Not sure if anyone else has had that problem.

Until then I'll just be the awesome Jedi avatar I am. XD

This is actually a caching issue. The new avatar is uploading, but the server told your browser to cache the last one so its not bothering to download the new one. A temporary workaround is either clearing your cache or trying to force your browser to re-download everything- usually done by holding CTRL while hitting the refresh button or F5.

Next website update I have disabled caching of avatars and limited it only to the more static elements of the website.

Feb 05, 2012, 12:00 AM

Nimelen Offline
Guild Member

Footman
Alright, thanks. Cheesy

Feb 05, 2012, 01:26 PM

Mead Grog Offline
Guild Member

Esquire
I'm guessing the only way to use a screenshot from the game is to paste it into a photo editing program from the clipboard?  I can't seem to find anywhere they are being saved in the game folder, which seems to be a major oversight on the dev team's part.  I was looking for some of the screenies I had taken in the past and can't find anywhere that the game stored them.  10 minutes of coding would have been all that was necessary, but I guess they didn't want to push back the release date another 10 minutes.

Feb 05, 2012, 03:21 PM

Sandriell Offline
Administrator

Esquire
Homepage
I'm guessing the only way to use a screenshot from the game is to paste it into a photo editing program from the clipboard?  I can't seem to find anywhere they are being saved in the game folder, which seems to be a major oversight on the dev team's part.  I was looking for some of the screenies I had taken in the past and can't find anywhere that the game stored them.  10 minutes of coding would have been all that was necessary, but I guess they didn't want to push back the release date another 10 minutes.

They are saved in "Documents\Star Wars - The Old Republic\Screenshots"

Feb 06, 2012, 08:58 AM

Mead Grog Offline
Guild Member

Esquire
Oooooh!  Sweet, thanks Pam.  I was looking in the program folder...didn't even see that it had created a documents folder too.  Disregard my last post.   Grin

Feb 06, 2012, 11:03 PM

Agelmar Offline
Guild Member

Esquire
Thanks will try that out

Pages: [1]
  Print

Jump to:  
Toggle VisibilityRecent
[May 04, 2012, 10:57 AM]

[Mar 24, 2012, 10:08 AM]

[Mar 07, 2012, 03:25 AM]

[Mar 05, 2012, 03:44 PM]

[Mar 04, 2012, 11:08 PM]

Stress
Stress
Posted by Mead Grog
on 22 Mar 2012
Recent Activity
members icon Members
Total Members: 85
Latest: Mello
info icon Stats
Total Posts: 325
Total Topics: 74
Online Today: 9
Online Ever: 111 (Apr 03, 2017, 08:57 AM)
online icon Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 7
Total: 7
Our sister guild, The Palantiri, a Lord of the Rings Online Kinship