Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Blank avatar

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
  Print
Topic: PvP rewards system tips
Feb 02, 2012, 12:03 PM

MartinLamontagne Offline
Guild Member

Footman
PvP rewards system tips
For guildies here that aren't familiar to PvP I'll try to give some tips and tricks on how to get geared and start on the right feet.

Firts of all the PvP in SWTOR is split amongs 3 types:

Warzones
Open World Ilum
FFA Open World Tatoine

We'll let the FFA PvP asides for most of my tips.

Rewards from PvP come in multiple ways the first source will be Warzone Commendations, as implied in the name, it comes from Warzone. These tokens can be exchange for various equipment / comsumable. Important Notice, Warzone commandation Cap at 1000! So if you play warzone and don't check your commandation inventory you might be losing important rewards.

If you are lower than level 50 and want to keep your commandation for the level 50 gears, you can transfer your Warzone Commendation into Mercenary Commandations for a ratio of 3 to 1. Note that Mercenary Commandations are important to get good PvP Gear. They also Cap at 1000. If you are capped at 1000 for each and don't know where to spend it. Takes consumables. If you have so many you don't know where to spend it. Buy weapons from the PvP vendor that has 25 expertise mod on them. So you'll be able to switch the mod on your new gear, letting you with expertise to fight against other players.

I see Centurion / Champion / BattleMaster vendor, how do I get those gears? When you hit level 50, this is where everything begins. To get those gears you have to get or purchase "Champion Gear Bags". Those bags can drop either 3x Centurion commandation or 1x Centurion Commandation + a Champion Unassembled Armor Piece. the later you can trade for corresponding Chamption Gear and the Centurion commandation you can buy Centurion gear for different Centurion commandation price. The order of quality from best to lower is BattleMaster > Champion > Centurion.

To aquire these Champion Gear Bags there's 2 main ways.

1- With Daily/Weekly quest for Warzone and Ilum. The Daily quest is 3 warzone won or/and 30 kills in Ilum for 1 bag each. Weekly is 150 kill or 9 or 11 warzone can't remember right now for 3 bags each.

2- With Warzone and Mercenary Commandations. You can buy at the PvP Item Vendor 1x champion bag for 200 warzone AND 200 mercenary commandations.

There's a lot of other tips and tricks that are more advance that I'll post later so you can digest what's here and ask questions.

Martin
« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2012, 02:10 PM by MartinLamontagne »

Feb 02, 2012, 01:28 PM
No Avatar

Candrandir Offline
Guild Member

Footman
Re: PvP rewards system tips
Oh I somehow managed to miss the fact that there are expertise enhancements on the weapons. It must be mostly b/c I crafted most of my enhancements and didn't bother looking until I started looking at the 50 stuff.
Feb 02, 2012, 02:17 PM

MartinLamontagne Offline
Guild Member

Footman
Yes! But they cost roughly 500 - 600 warzone commandation, so you'll have to get a lot of extra to buy them. But if you take the time to do so while leveling, when you reach level 50  you might have (6x25) 150 expertise which would make around 7% difference. (3.5% more damage done, 3.5% less damage received).

Feb 04, 2012, 02:23 PM

Agelmar Offline
Guild Member

Esquire
That pretty sums it up.

Another tip would be that when you are playing a warzone, the number of medals you get during the game will increase the amount of valor and warzone commendation that you will get at the end of the game.

So would be a good idea to check what medals exist so that you can work towards getting them while fighting.

Will try to post the list once I find them. I normally have Martin telling me them on voice Tongue

Feb 07, 2012, 10:00 AM

MartinLamontagne Offline
Guild Member

Footman
Here is a list of the easier one. Those you want to aim first. Each medal receive gives 5 commandation et 50 valor each!

Medic – 2.5k healing from a single heal
    Demolisher – 2.5k damage from a single attack (AoE attacks do not count)
    Trauma Surgeon – 5k healing from a single heal
    Quick Draw – Getting a killing blow on one player
    Combatant – Dealing 75k damage
    Healer – Healing for 75k health
    Defender – Earning 1k Defender Points (standing near a node which you own in Alderaan, standing near a door in Voidstar on defense, being near and attacking the opposite team’s ball carrier in huttball)
    Warden – Earning 3k Defender Points (only easy to do in Alderaan)
    Assassin – Killing a player in a one-on-one fight
    Shield – Defending 5k total health in a game (i.e. using your Guard/Protect ability on another player)
    Guardian – Defending 2k health in one life
    Paladin – Defending 10k health in one life
    Commando – Killing 10 enemy players
    Soldier – Killing 25 enemy players

Pages: [1]
  Print

Jump to:  
Toggle VisibilityRecent
[May 04, 2012, 10:57 AM]

[Mar 24, 2012, 10:08 AM]

[Mar 07, 2012, 03:25 AM]

[Mar 05, 2012, 03:44 PM]

[Mar 04, 2012, 11:08 PM]

Grand Champion of the Great Hunt
Grand Champion of the Great Hunt
Posted by Mead Grog
on 13 Feb 2012
Recent Activity
members icon Members
Total Members: 85
Latest: Mello
info icon Stats
Total Posts: 325
Total Topics: 74
Online Today: 35
Online Ever: 111 (Apr 03, 2017, 08:57 AM)
online icon Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11
Total: 11
Our sister guild, The Palantiri, a Lord of the Rings Online Kinship